Friday, March 14, 2008

A Nice Feeling

Its a nice feeling.

Patients and family members coming to you telling you thank you for everything from the bottom of their hearts when they are going to be discharge.
Them remembering your name and calling you by it.
Seeing and knowing that they will miss you to a certain extend.
Seeing the disappointment in their face when they will not be able to see you on the last day of their stay in the hospital.

A sense of satisfaction that one has done well.
Patients being able to relate to you.
Allowing yourself to slowly enter their hearts.
Having them to do things willingly rather then needing to try and force them to do so.

They made my day despite the fact i got 'shot down' by my lecturer. Though it should be taken as an encouragement , it kind of 'de-moralise' to a certain extend at that point of time. It adds on to the fact that i already feel incompetent. Those words nearly brought tears to my eyes.

My patients words are of encouragement to me. I can do what other's cant. I merely lack the practice of skills which make me incompetent but essential.

They made my day. (=

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home