Sunday, November 4, 2007

Weekend..

Guess i shall do a post now considering it will be days ltr before i'll be free to do a post.

Novena Peranakan Cuisine
Met up with my uncle and one of my aunts at this peranakan restuarant on saturday (malay chinese kind of place). Its the 2nd time i have eaten such a cuisine. The food is really not bad. I cant judge if its really nice cause i dun usually dine at such restuarants. But according to my uncle and aunt who usually eats such food says its not bad.. thumbs up~ lol..

I like the ambience of the place. Most of the tables are covered with green table cloths and flowery design, the very typical malay kind. On the wall hung chinese paintings. They played soft, slow yet up lifting kind of oldies. The moment one steps into the place, the first thing that touches ones nose is the smell of sambal chilli. Gosh.. Its really nice, everything is nice. LOL. Probably is not the typical kind of restuarant always filled with loads of ppl cuz there wasnt alot of ppl there. I guess what really attracts me to that place is just the ambience, quiet, soothing, portrays a peranakan feel, bringing one back in time a little. I dun quite know how to describe.lol.

Dun expect excellent service and all though it is a restuarant as there was only 1 person to serve(at least when i was there). I love the way they serve the rice. Very cute. He puts the rice into a basket and goes round the table serving the rice directly from the basket to our plate. Hehee. Probably this is the first time im experiencing all this so im a little drawn to that place.

Simply lovely... lol

Family gathering
Had a family gathering with my father's side and thank goodness he didn go.. In my mind i was practically mentally revising all the techniques learnt in aiki in case he does appear even if my aunt say he is not invited. I find it hard to trust my aunts. The only person i trust and hold respect for is this oldest uncle who really helped us alot in times of need and probably my cousins. (= Anyway this gathering was to celebrate my sec uncle bday on sunday. Its the first time i seen his son who is like already 28 according to my mom. Mayb not the first but i cant rmb him though my older sis say we seen when we were real young. LOL.

A surprise birthday party which shocked my uncle and brought tears to him and his wife. Seeing my aunty so excited to c her husband reaction was like so cute. Its sweet.

Romantic Princess
Im i abit into this taiwan serial show. Though the progress of the show is abit on the expected side i still like it. A little like the Gong show but the couple in this show the couple like each other, and as always smth happens and put their love in a test. A romantic and sweet show. (= The only thing abt this show i dislike is the mood of the show changes so fast. lol. Mayb i dun watch alot of television so i dun get exposed much as dp and comments this show doesn give her the feel to 'chase' after the next episode who watches so many shows. haha.

My mom says im always watching such lovey dovey kind of show = makes me more gu niang. o_O i dun c how watching this makes me more lady but hmm..mayb dreamy? i dunno. but i do know among my sisters, im more gu niang? but at times my younger sis is more gu niang. hahaa. sounds confusing eh..

Lastly wanna wish one of my dearest seniors which is Yin Lin Happy Birthday!

Dun expect anything is the best.('',)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home